Re: [DNS] .com query

From: cpaul <inc§fastmedia.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:55:20 +1100
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:04:22 +1030
Sandra Caballero <webdesign&#167;virtualvisions.com.au> wrote:

> The receiving Registrar's say their hands are tied.  The losing
> Reseller/Registrar (RegistryWeb and Joker.com) either don't reply to
> queries regarding the matter or say they have not received any requests.
>
> I've tried over and over and many different ways ... but to no avail.
> Can anyone shed any light or extend any advice?

Transferring away from a Joker/Joker-CORE reseller is not easy.  I
recently spent about a month trying to get a name transferred out of
there, in the end we let registration lapse, waited through the re-
demption period, and then re-registered the domain once it expired.

But if you are able to log in to Joker's system, either the current
system or the 'old Joker-CORE' system, you should find an option to
'open a transfer window'.  Once you initiate this, you wait 10 days
or so before a 3 day window magically opens - then you can initate
the transfer from your end.

This 'window' is supposedly Joker's way of complying with local law.

Good luck

Chris Langlands