RE: [DNS] Ball gazing

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:24:58 +1100
Well, now we know what's a profitable business model and what's not.
And, looking ahead, we can also predict CR's income in exactly 2 years'
time - but this time, without the costs.

Fortunately being .au domains the registrant has a reasonable chance of
transferring out - not like CR's .com names!

To me, however, there's a different question.  If consumers are willing
to pay $237 for a domain name, why are registrars cutting each others'
throats to get the price down to the levels they are?  Is price REALLY
the impediment that most of the industry seems to think it is? (Note -
I'm not advocating a price increase!)

Asked another way - would CR's uptake have been higher or lower if he'd
pitched the price at $347?  $147?  $97?

Ron Stark

82256,00.htm>

kim