RE: [DNS] DNS list

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:28:21 +1100
Brad

The real point being that devious business practices are, by and large,
abhorred by people of principle.  That abhorrence is reflected in the
many posts that you, curiously, consider biased.

If you believe that your business practises and involvements are
defensible and can stand extremely close scrutiny,  then take legal
action and stop the noise and bluster.

Similarly, if you contend that the statements made about your business
are false, then prove them so or take legal action on that as well.  If
they're true, they can't possibly be defamatory, so why would you
consider them as such?

Some strange oxymoronic logic on your part - you state "I would hope
that the internet is above the law" yet you threaten the law when the
Internet is being used in the way that you so heartily endorse.  How can
you reconcile these opposing positions?

By the way, as a layman and not a lawyer my understanding is that the
action you threaten is libel, not defamation.  Perhaps you should budget
for $250 000 and get somebody who knows the difference.

Your use of the phrase "A genuine question ..." is interesting, in that
it infers that the others you raised weren't.

Another observation, gleaned from your posts:  you claim that you would
worry 24*7 for fear of legal action arising from posts you may have
written.  Why then don't you have the same fear from sending unsolicited
contracts to consumers that are arguably designed to ensnare them?  I
assume that you've explained *that* to your family - so how about
explaining it to us who object.

Ron Stark