jetstar.com.au

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:19:33 +1100
It's interesting to see that Quaintarse are currently promoting their new cutprice
union buster ....errr subsidiary airline as "jetstar.com" rather than "jetstar.com.au"
which was apparently the original intention.

However the whois record for jetstar.com.au has undergone a significant change
recently...

Whois Response for jetstar.com.au:
Domain Name: jetstar.com.au
Last Modified: 15-Feb-2004 23
Registrar Name: Melbourne IT
Registrant: Moon Design Pty Limited
Registrant ID: ABN 54054343270
Registrant Contact Name: Bradley Tate
Registrant Email: qfdnsadmin&#167;qantas.com.au
Tech ID: C1375394-AR
Tech Name: Shane Tully
Tech Email: qfdnstechnical&#167;qantas.com.au

Will the registrant be changed now that the airline clearly controls the domain?

How does this control square with the information that the registrant supplied at the
time of registration and in the subsequent investigation by MIT and auDA that youse
will recall we were told was gunna happen.

In the interests of transparency .au land I think we should be told.

Does anyone know how much Quaintarse paid for "jetstar.com"? It was a happy little
website promoting something or other totally unconnected to air travel at the time of
the launch of the airline name. Was it more than what the optimistic but not greedy
croweater who registered "jetstar.info" on 1st December 2003 apparently hopes to be
able to sell it for sometime soon?

cb