RE: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue Chris?

From: Marty Drill - Domain Candy <marty§domaincandy.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:57:08 +1000
You pay for the cost of the truck as part of the fee. The cost of the truck
is spread across all of the removalists clients. It is factored in, in the
same way all capital expenditure is factored in to the retail price of a
product, from removals to petrol to houses and beet.

If in the case of domain names, you were paying for the registry (the truck)
then the cost of the domain name would be unthinkable.

It is bazaar to suggest that a company cannot recoup its capital expenditure
in some way. This is capitalism, somebody pays for the truck and the
registry.