Re: [DNS] audomainnews.info/mydomain.com.au one and the same

From: Nicholas Bolton <nick§bottledomains.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:53:36 +1000
Hi Marty,

No problems.

Generally I thought it would be worth noting the following:

If a .nz name is registered with malicious intent to trade off
anybody's intellectual etc, you're generally in good standing to
recover via the appropriate legal channels.

Part B of our service agreement ( www.bottledomains.com.au/service/ )
states the following:
2. The Registrant's obligations:
2.1.4. You agree that you will satisfy yourself that your use of a
domain name will not infringe anybody's intellectual property rights...

All active Registrants have agreed to these terms, and a breach of this
service agreement can give us the authority to cancel domain licences.

Bottom line is, it all comes down to the intended use of the name.
Best bet is to chat to the Registrant and see if it can be resolved
peacefully.

Anyway, enough talk about nz names on a .au list :)

Bests,

Nick