RE: [DNS] Work for IMCO Corporation Pty Ltd (Bradley Norrish)

From: Chesley Rafferty <chesleyau§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:32:59 +1000 (EST)
Clayton

READ BETWEEN THE LINES:

Josh is required by auda policy to have a registered
company to have a .com.au domain.

Josh apparently is using:

Tell Me What's In a Name

as the Registrant.

"Tell Me What's In a Name" is not registered as a
company therefore Josh is not eligible to have the
domain registered. Or it is possible Josh has this
registered as the other options for Registrants - is
it an individual (interesting name?), an incorporated
association or a statuory body (is Josh running a
secret government endorsed organisation??).

whatsinanjosh.com.au is registered to a company via
the close and substantial rule. It does not say in
auda policy that this if you offer a service under a
close or substantial rule whether has to be profitable
merely that

Marty the close and substantial rule does allow for
the registration of .com.au domains. As I stated in
the last email (and as a registrar I think you are
required to understand it) 2003-07 10.5 (b) is the
connection for the registration of this domain.

2003-07 does not state that the service provided has
to be profitable etc so long as the service is that is
provided as you can the first part of the service has
be and far more will provided shortly.

PS Marty in case you were wondering the second policy
I was referring to was sarcasm, spelt out I meant how
is that a director of auda is allowed to blantantly
breach policies that they are supposed to watch over.

You should read policies before you fired off your
salvos.