Re: [DNS] Marketing 101

From: <trent§sos.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:31:58 +1030
Not being a regular poster here, I try to only put my foot in my mouth,
when I feel it is an important issue.
Having said that, my email is quite simply a "me too" post as I agree
with Kim in relation to Telstra's arbitrary "censorship" which, let's
face it, is simply a pitiful attempt to cover their backsides through
any means necessary. Ethics? I can't see any evidence that these were
referred to.

What if the site mix up had involved the redirection FROM a business
site NOT involving porn? Would Telstra then be paying compensation to
the owner for lost business? I doubt it, so at the end of the day they
have simply decided for their users what their opinions SHOULD be in
this case.
What's next? reducing access to any sites Telstra's execs decide people
SHOULDN'T be viewing?

All hail the Thought Police!
Here endeth the "me too"

Trent