Re: [DNS] Marketing 101

From: David Goldstein <goldstein_david§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:20:49 +1100 (EST)
Isn't something being missed in this thread? It
doesn't alter the issue of the ethics of the
redirection and whether it is justified, but isn't
this case 'special' because Telstra are involved in
the website itself?

So the issue of getting Telstra to do a redirection
for any other website is not going to happen, as they
have no interest in your website.

The relevant part of the story in the Oz is:
"The ad campaign was meant to be a triumph for
Telstra, which paid $3million to sponsor Idol and
release the song online exclusively."

So any issue that deals with the decision being family
friendly and any other crap is not relevant.

David