RE: [DNS] Re: Policy on domain ownership

From: Greg Tenni <greg§tenni.id.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:01:14 +1000
I had a similar experience with a .org.au that I am involved with.
The previous domain password holder went awol after some personal trauma in
his life, and we could no longer administer our website properly. We had to
set up a new host site and change the nameserver records, which we could not
do without the domain password.
Netregistry were extremely helpful in changing the contact names and issuing
a new domain password. I see no reason why anyone with a legitimate case
would have difficulties changing registrant names.
(I have not been paid by Netregistry to write this, but I will consider any
payment offered.;-)
Greg