Re: [DNS] Re: NETREGISTRY - Re your fax regarding netrider.org.au

From: Jason Allen <jallen§pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:31:27 +1000
brett fenton wrote:

> My original posting last evening stated that the domain had not been
> updated. This was not correct and I apologize for the inaccuracy.
> NetRegistry spoke to the current Registrant contact of the domain and at
> their request updated the Registrant details of the domain. This was
> done not as a change of Registrant but an update to existing Registrant
> details.
>
> Regards,
> Brett Fenton

How does changing a registrant from "Netriders Australia" to "LS1 Owners
Club of Australia" on a netrider.org.au domain account constitute an
update to existing Registrant details?

Section F, subsection 2A & 2B of the auDA policy on .org.au at
http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2005-01/ clearly outlines that "LS1
Owners Club of Australia" would be an invalid registrant for this
domain. Does NetRegistry not follow auDA policy when changing registrant?

Please explain also why a change to the registrant on a domain record
does not update the Last Modified date on the record? How long has this
been a problem at NetRegistry and how many other domain leasee's could
have been affected?

Further NetRegistry did this registrant change/update after being
officially notified of an issue around the domain ... I find this
questionable business conduct at best.

--
Cheers,
Jason