RE: [DNS] Why have a policy?

From: Michael McKinnon <mjm§mentalpopcorn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:20:34 +1000
But Trademarks have the capacity to be registered in different industry
classes?!?

For example, the various different trademarks for MSN are in classes 9, 36,
38, 39, 41 and 42.

See the different classes here:
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/apply_classes.shtml

Trademarks by their name alone are not unique. Domains are.  This is surely
why FCFS works.

...MJM