RE: [DNS] Why have a policy?

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:20:56 +1000

Although the best of intentions may be there, the regulation is to protect
the consumers and public more than business.  I fail to see how having
suppliers dominate the regulation would be an advantage.  Automatic and
cheaper doesn't equate to better or consistant service.  You may argue that
market forces would control the self regulation but we have often seen the
chaos this can produce in the short and even long term, what benefits would
the public get from forcing them into this situation?

I'd also disagree with a market driven system being rational, there are far
too many examples of markets being driven by irrational issues.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch
DHS International Pty Ltd.