Re: [DNS] Whois & Privacy

From: Mike <mjr§hydrocorp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:13:38 +0930
No Larry, you missed the point.
I have a different view of privacy than you have..Thats all.

Did you see the example I quoted..
I'm sure if thought about it some more , there'd be a thousand examples.

Tell me Larry..
Exactly why do you need access to the name and company details of the
registrant?
Can you give me an example where you would need to know the complete
details as presented in the .au whois database?

I think we all read the post by Harry..
I can see a business reason for accessing the database, but thats
exactly one of the reasons I don't want my info available..

As for being a significant disadvantage to consumers addressing unfair
or illegal business practices..
If it's illegal larry, you've made my point for me about the info being
avail. only to Law Enforcement..

They are the Police, not you or I or auDA or the people on this or any
other list..
The personal and private information has nothing to do with anyone
except the registrant and the body charged with administering it..auDA

Regards.
Mike.

ps
I notice you ignored my electoral roll question.
You obviously see my point, even if you can't say so onlist..