Re: [DNS] Whois & Privacy

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:38:30 +1000
Mike [mjr&#167;hydrocorp.com] wrote:

> They are the Police, not you or I or auDA or the people on this or any
> other list..
> The personal and private information has nothing to do with anyone
> except the registrant and the body charged with administering it..auDA

I think youll find it is the Police that dont want these to be private. nor do they
want to go to the expense of a court order every time they want access
to a domain owners details.

privacy is not a perticularly fundamental right.  In fact I cant think of
any rights that are inferior to it, can you?

privacy is also the most important tool that crooks, criminals and fraudsters use
to shield their activities.

imo converting email addresses to imperfect images would address both sides
of the debate.

Vic