Re: [DNS] Whois & Privacy

From: Mike <mjr§hydrocorp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:49:43 +0930
Hi Vic/Deus..?

Deus Ex Machina wrote:

>Mike [mjr&#167;hydrocorp.com] wrote:
>

>>They are the Police, not you or I or auDA or the people on this or any
>>other list..
>>The personal and private information has nothing to do with anyone
>>except the registrant and the body charged with administering it..auDA
>>

>I think youll find it is the Police that dont want these to be private. nor do they
>want to go to the expense of a court order every time they want access
>to a domain owners details.

I'm not interested in what the Police want Vic, as I've already
explained, I'm trying to help the people who want privacy, not those who
are against it..The Police have plenty of help enough..I watched them
the other nite bashing people for kites..I've got my own kite Vic, I
dont need to bash anyone to get one..

There are always 2 sides to a story Vic, I see a market opportunity and
a need.

>privacy is not a perticularly fundamental right.  In fact I cant think of
>any rights that are inferior to it, can you?

Not in Australia, thats for sure!

>privacy is also the most important tool that crooks, criminals and fraudsters use
>to shield their activities.

Now thats funny, auDA even have a rep from EFA on the Board..click the
link if you need any help working out what the EFA do..
They PROTECT /*your*/ "rights" on the internet in Australia. One of the
most important rights you DO have is PRIVACY.

Here's a link to some of the stuff you take for granted, that you can
feel free to thank them for if you like..
I certainly do.

http://www.efa.org.au/Activities/

>imo converting email addresses to imperfect images would address both sides
>of the debate.
>
>Vic

Good to see another opinion.