RE: [DNS] Whois & Spam

From: Marty Drill - Domain Candy <marty§domaincandy.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:39:18 +1000
>I disagree totally. While ausregistry are following the auda rules I can
see no reason they cannot put in place greater protection of the whois
database as many global registrars have done so. Even though I am a crap
programmer I can think of several ways this is possible with probably only a
days work to implement.
With the millions they make you would wonder why they don't take a proactive
view to the spam issue and email harvesting.

Bill, yes they could do this. But the Whois policy would need to change for
AusReg to make this available. AusReg can only implement the policy provided
to them.

Technically, what you suggest is obviously possible. But if AusReg did this,
they would be in contravention of the current Whois policy outlined by auDA.

auDA need to make the decision to change this before AusReg can implement
the technical changes you indicate.

Cheers

Marty