RE: [DNS] Whois & Spam

From: Marty Drill - Domain Candy <marty§domaincandy.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:20:42 +1000

Adrian and myself have sufficiently answered the question on making the
change that you suggest. This is not intended to be adversarial, simply this
is an auDA issue.

>>Namescout registrants have a namescout email used in the whois data why
doesn't Domain Candy use >>this type of system if you did maybe I would move
to you.

I don't believe in setting up an account that people will not use. It
defeats the purpose of having correct data in Whois, if registrants have eg
bill&#167;domaincandy.com.au and Bill never checks that account but Domain Candy
does (I am not commenting on Namescouts decision or their practices). People
want to use their own email address in their daily like. My opinion is that
they are not going to have an email account with Domain candy simply to
manage their domain, which may up with spam, which they then delete and they
then cannot be contacted. The alternative is to provide an alias so bill&#167;dc
goes to your actual account. But then you get all the spam, which was the
problem in the first place.

The only way this works is if the email goes to the Registrar. Which removes
the ability for auDA and others to contact the registrant directly.

Simply it is not a decision/position that Domain Candy agrees with.

Cheers

Marty