[DNS] Time for the rules to change regarding transferring domainname licences

From: Ian Johnston <ian.johnston§infobrokers.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:59:08 +1000
Bruce

I agree that it is time to review this policy.

Small Enterprise Telecommunications Centre (SETEL) <www.setel.com.au>
recommended to the auDA Board in August 2003
<www.setel.com.au/publications/public/policy/001a.htm> that:

- it remove the prohibition on transfers of com.au domain name licences
between registrants;

- ensure that there are no auDA regulatory impediments to transfers of
com.au domain name licences between registrants; and

- encourage, or at least not discourage, the development of an orderly, open
and competitive secondary market in .com.au domain name licences.

Arguments in support of these recommendations were advanced in a SETEL Paper
sent to the Chairman of auDA in July 2003:

SETEL Public Policy Paper: No 1, 19 July 2002