[DNS] Regarding cybersquatting

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:20:02 +1000

If it eventually affected the whole community I would have something to say.
Much like we try to stop people selling drugs, anything that is detrimental to
society needs to be controlled.

We have seen domain name licenses linked to number plates and other types of
licenses, I tend to think of them more like drivers licenses.  We aren't
allowed to trade in those for good reason, there are good reasons for not
trading in domain names.  Until I see good reasons and public benefit in
opening up the .au domain market, I'll be against it.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch