[DNS] Changes to policy

From: Bennett Oprysa <bennett§enetica.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:22:38 +1000
Tony Owen wrote:
> - minimum length of ownership 6 months  (would stop a lot of what happens in
> the .com realm)

while I'd prefer no such restriction, I can live with it. It would
probably work quite well from both sides of the arguement. I certainly
would not want any more than 6 months. It could also be a starting
point, ie put it at 6 months, then assuming the world does not end, we
can later review it and possibly reduce it.

> - maximum registrations per entity per day ( ie 5 or so)

Absolutely now way we could accept this or any other volume restriction.

> even perhaps two types of registrations, similiar to ip ranges .. a
> transportable and a fixed, a premium could be charged for the transportable
> which could be used offset the price of a fixed registration (provides a
> bebefit to the general public)

I expect the complexities outweigh the benefits.

Bennett.