[DNS] Changes to policy

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:16:31 +0930
>> I agree with Bruce's proposed policy change on this... though I don't see
>> the need for a net.au trial - this just confuses things further... I say
>> we just move forward.
>
> I agree.

If you are thinking of a submission, add in some deterents for obvious
speculation ...

ie

- minimum length of ownership 6 months  (would stop a lot of what happens in
the .com realm)
- maximum registrations per entity per day ( ie 5 or so)

even perhaps two types of registrations, similiar to ip ranges .. a
transportable and a fixed, a premium could be charged for the transportable
which could be used offset the price of a fixed registration (provides a
bebefit to the general public)

Regards, Tony
South East On Line Support
http://www.seol.net.au