[DNS] What The

From: Stephen Rothwell <ausdns§rothwell.emu.id.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:07:22 +1000
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 07:48:12 +0100 (BST) David Jones <dj_david_jones&#167;yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I was just browsing ipaustralia and came across the
> following applications
>
> tv.com.au
> fm.com.au
> sr.com.au
> se.com.au
> mo.com.au
> ae.com.au
> ee.com.au
> gg.com.au
> si.com.au
>
> All with the application under Internet portal
> services and under the name Amy Clarke. (I'm sure I
> have seen that name refered to recently in the DNS
> list ws?)
>
> Firstly IMHO I would wonder if they would get accepted
> as a trademark and secondly would this be a "close and
> substantial connection" domain application.

tv.com.au is regsitered to Andrew Hall (no business name or registrant id
or name servers).  fm.com.au to HITPRO PTY LTD (which at least looks like
a business name but has no registrant id). The rest are registered by Amy
Clarke (no business name, or registrant ID).

I wonder how Andrew Hall and HITPRO PTY LTD feel about their domain names
being trademarked.

Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell