[DNS] ConnectWest asn.au drama

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:12:37 +0000
Quoting Edwin Groothuis on Tuesday July 04, 2006:
| After two days, all our asn.au domains are back in the air!
|
| Two of our domains, and at least two others I knew (nswbar.asn.au
| and wabar.asn.au) were gone for nearly two days. Not a single word
| of warning of ConnectWest, not a single word in the corridor.
|
| Does anybody know what has happened with them, and why all these
| asn.au domains went from normal operating to removed from the asn.au
| zone?

Did they expire?

I had a couple that expired (and hence removed from the zone) around
July 1st, due to iiNet's billing cycles being a bit out of sync. They
sent invoices on June 22 with a due date of July 20.

They are aware of the problem and are remedying it, but it wouldn't
explain why you received no advice they were due for renewal.

kim