[DNS] Chesley Rafferty - Federal Court Judge Ruling - Misleading and Deceptive

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:24:59 +1000
It is the type of behaviour that is of interest not the personalities.  I have been consistent with my approach to this kind of behaviour long before Chesley Rafferty and Bradley Norrish arrived on the scene (see the domainwatch.org and dotau.org archives).  It is also my belief that past behaviour is usually the best predictor of future behaviour.

As long as domain registrants believe they are being misled and deceived then I will continue to watch those companies and people responsible.

Here are three examples:

Example 1:

November 26, 2001
Aust domain name resellers brace for bloodbath
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/business/soa/Aust_domain_name_resellers_brace_for_bloodbath/0,39023166,20262049,00.htm
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2091236D

Mark Spektor (Internet Name Group) asserted " ... Rowe has been conducting a smear campaign against us for sometime and has refused to desist ... "

July 11, 2006
Domain name entrepreneur declared bankrupt
http://www.theage.com.au/news/biztech/domain-name-entrepreneur-declared-bankrupt/2006/07/10/1152383674987.html?page=fullpage
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2734236D

" ... Mr Rafferty accuses Mr Rowe of being "obsessive compulsive" about his operations ... "

Example 2:

Blair Rafferty's DomainName.com.au Pty Ltd, which " ... (Chesley) Rafferty says he has nothing to with the operation of ... ", is the latest addition to the watch list.

Example 3:

Here are some of the companies and people reported on domainwatch.org - does Chesley Rafferty's quote in today's Age infer that they all relate to him?

Blair Rafferty
Bradley Norrish
Chesley Rafferty
ComAURegister