[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Darryl <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:01:13 +1000

Your logic is flawed in that the domain name space isn't a business asset.
Look at your software licenses and try to apply the same logic there.  Are you
prepared to take on MS and declare you have the right to sell off your copies
of MS Windows and Office?

|> The logic of Comrade Lynch and his fellow travelers is that
|> the buying and selling of domain names is bad because there
|> are bad people in the world who might profit from speculation.

Trying to portray me as communistic isn't going to help your argument.  I'm
all for profit providing it is derived in a fair and equitable, ethical
manner.

|> There's the odd bit of speculation going on in the property
|> market too.
|> Following this "logic", we should therefore immediately ban
|> the resale of all property, and have that managed centrally
|> by an officially-appointed agency.  I doubt that anyone
|> would see that as being a good public policy outcome...

Property is totally different as you well know, you don't have property in the
domain space or even the software space, you only have a limited license to
use.  Trying to portray it as something else only belittles yourself and how
others may view your opinions.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch