[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Sean K. Finn <Sean.Finn§ozservers.com.au>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:33:32 +1000
> > No, there are some people and I hope in the majority, who try to
make it a
> > win/win situation where exploitation and unethical business
practices
> > don't
> > enter into the equation.
>
> When you say unethical, you mean unfair right, because I don't
understand
> what is unethical about selling the gold nugget I dug up before you
did.

In Australia, you need a mining license. The resources are property of
Australia itself, and you are granted a license to mine it, and reap the
rewards.

Mining is regulated, just like domain names.

You CAN sell your mining license to another mine operator, not sure how,
I'm into Information, not Mining, but you get the idea.

If you are not going to mine the resource that you are allocated (use it
for business) then you should give it to someone else who will,
absolutely.

What I don't see is someone hogging all the mining fields for the sole
purpose of trying to on-sell their mining plot for an inflated value to
someone who has the equipment to mine them.

If you have the mining plot, and dig up a gold nugget, AWESOME! The
world gets more gold, and you get compensated for your trouble.

If you sit on your mining field and don't provide the community with
gold by digging it up. SHAME ON YOU, move on and let someone with a clue
about mining access to the resource so we can all benefit. Hand it back
to the mining licensing commission so that someone who wants a mine can
have your old unused one.

-Sean.