[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Charlie McCormack <charlie§mccormack.net.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:18:19 +1000
I'm sure you really did understand my meaning with the whole nugget thing.

> If you sit on your mining field and don't provide the community with
> gold by digging it up. SHAME ON YOU, move on and let someone with a clue
> about mining access to the resource so we can all benefit. Hand it back
> to the mining licensing commission so that someone who wants a mine can
> have your old unused one.

Are you really serious about that comment?

I mean really, if I buy land simply as an investment (something I'm sure
everyone will agree a domain name is) and sit on it till it grows in
perceived value, or even market value before selling it, would that be SHAME
ON ME? I'm not using it, someone else could be using it right?

Anyone with any investment land or property, SHAME ON YOU! Someone else
could be living in that street.

> If you are not going to mine the resource that you are allocated (use it
> for business) then you should give it to someone else who will,
> absolutely.

The domain names I have are certainly going to be used for business (advance
the parent company), just because it's not your type of business is just
tough titties.

Live with it, because auDA will never be able to change this fact no matter
how much people like you bitch and complain, and hell will freeze over
before the 'real world' laws are changed.

You're simply fighting a loosing battle, because auDA have already relaxed
the rules, they may as well concede that reselling the domain name is only
at most a $160 cost (business name + domain name costs), chump change for
any serious player, and do the right thing, stop sending the $90-110 to
register a business name to a different industry, that could be used to buy
more domain names, and buy they would.