[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:06:14 +1000
Sean K. Finn [Sean.Finn&#167;ozservers.com.au] wrote:
> On a serious level, trying to look at it from the same side here, does
> anyone have any proposals for allowing easy transfer and disposal of
> .com.au domain names without inviting the domain name land grab solely
> for the purpose of making a buck when someone who wants the name finally
> comes along (AKA domain speculation).It is a practise I find offensive.

there is nothing wrong with speculation, people do it all the time. its
a perfectly normal and healthy part of every market. speculation is just
a form of value arbitrage.

> entities, but I would INSIST that AuDA itself, and not the registrars,
> perform the checks required to ensure that..

get real, just what we need an army of pseudocrats doing what the private sector
can do by itself.

Vic

leftism: the political equivalent of autism