[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:57:14 +0000
Quoting Jon Lawrence on Wednesday July 19, 2006:

| Sure, but is there even a single example of a domain name registered during
| KRE's time being taken away from the current registrant based on revised
| rules?

I think there were a few 2LDs decommissioned that contained a small
number of registrations, but that is not the point.

Successive policy revisions in .au have grandfathered older
registrations to date, but that doesn't mean such behaviour is
guaranteed for all domain registrations.

There are other ccTLDs where the operator has been replaced and prior
registrations became null and void.

In another case, just a few days ago I read that one ccTLD has decided
not to allow second level registrations, only third level registrations
(e.g. from foo.xy to foo.com.xy), and told registrants they can't renew
their domains if they breach the new policy.

kim