[DNS] free society Re: Licence Period

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:40:58 +1000
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Owen" <tony&#167;seol.net.au>
To: ".au DNS Discussion List" <dns&#167;dotau.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: [SPAM] Re: [DNS] free society Re: Licence Period

>> you seem to think registrars exist outside the free market. supply and
>> demand
>> sets pricing. if a registrar can someone manage to get a higher price for
>> domains then that is not harm.
>> its called a free market, maybe you need to learn about how it operates.
>
> Registrars are not operating in a 'free' market. They are reselling domain
> names on behalf of the government.

you  are forcing me to have to respond to clear up your fallacies here.

the government doesnt own the namespace. auda is not a government body and
does not report to the government. auda is supposed to be the industry self
regulation body. registrars have no contract with the government. the
government is entirely pro free market in this space. thats why we have a
registry and registrars. and not just a government body like the rta handing
out domains.

now please stop wasting everyones time with your invention, misinformation
and utter nonsense. your ignorance is starting to really piss me off.

Vic