[DNS] Domain monetising?

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin§mavetju.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:57:45 +1000
On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:27:46AM +0100, Jon Lawrence wrote:
> Of course no-one's forced to, I'm just making the point that I  find it
> surprising that a US company that went to the not inconsiderable trouble
> to register their trademark 30 years ago hasn't bothered to spend 5 minutes
> and $100 or so to register a pretty obvious version of that trademark in
> the .com.au domain space.

They may think that profiling themselves as .com is enough.

Which of course is their right, as a global company they might want
to profile themselves in .com only and don't have to join the domain
registration rat-race.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org