[DNS] Let's Talk Net

From: Brendan Lewis <blewis§l2i.com.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 13:12:21 +1100
Kirk,
Sorry to butt in, but ...
I would disagree with your assertion that most websites want the widest
audience possible.  I would suggest that most organisations want the most
targeted audience for their websites to meet their agendas.  Eg If I am
selling gourmet food, I want to reach connoisseurs.  I don't care who else
looks at my site other than the foodies (blind, deaf or otherwise).  However
if I am a statutory monopoly like the AuDA, I would want my message to be
targeted to Australians (eg a demographic that generally speaks english and
is comfortable with terms like "arvo" and may or not may be deaf or blind.)

Regards

Brendan Lewis