[DNS] accessibility and the internet

From: David Goldstein <goldstein_david§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:30:10 -0800 (PST)
Kirk,

OK, maybe I misinterpreted your comments on discrimination.

Regarding Jaws - being able to use Jaws relies on the website being accessible in the first place. If the website aint accessible, then in a worst case scenario it's a case of the website being a no-go zone. So while the idea of subsidising Jaws has merit, it's not the issue. That's another argument for another place.

I did not advocate that anyone should purchase a computer. I was noting the significant costs involved for a person who is blind in using a computer in the first place.

And Gene... so your point that QUT has a blind person using IT is...? This is nothing new. Blind people use IT for a whole range of reasons. Ask him how he finds navigating the web, and especially the ubiquitous pdf document!

David