[DNS] accessibility and the internet

From: gene&#167;genericads.com <(gene§genericads.com)>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:08:40 +1000
He Loves It

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Goldstein" <goldstein_david&#167;yahoo.com.au>
To: ".au DNS Discussion List" <dns&#167;dotau.org>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 3:30 PM
Subject: [DNS] accessibility and the internet

> Kirk,
>
> OK, maybe I misinterpreted your comments on discrimination.
>
> Regarding Jaws - being able to use Jaws relies on the website being
accessible in the first place. If the website aint accessible, then in a
worst case scenario it's a case of the website being a no-go zone. So while
the idea of subsidising Jaws has merit, it's not the issue. That's another
argument for another place.

> I did not advocate that anyone should purchase a computer. I was noting
the significant costs involved for a person who is blind in using a computer
in the first place.

> And Gene... so your point that QUT has a blind person using IT is...? This
is nothing new. Blind people use IT for a whole range of reasons. Ask him
how he finds navigating the web, and especially the ubiquitous pdf document!