[DNS] Transfer of Domains

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:40:37 +1100
Hang on a second, Blaze, nothing was said about NetRegistry pricing - the
$399 fee was mentioned in connection with Melbourne IT, so please lets not
imply otherwise.

If we are talking about a Registrant Name Change then NetRegistry charges
$220, which is a little over half what Melbourne IT charge. However, you
need to compare these transactions (which are few, far between and take
quite a bit of explanation and paperwork) to automated domain name
registrations that have a very low cost to provide. Really, after a
consultant has spoken to you for a while, communicated with the old owner
and the new, sorted all the paperwork and made the submission, I wouldn't be
surprised if we made much more margin than on a regular registration.

Larry Bloch