[DNS] misquotes on auda minutes Re: DCITA review of .au

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:37:22 +1100
All,

For the record, NetRegistry and PlanetDomain Pty Ltd are members of the
industry association and support the submission made to DCITA. We do not
agree with everything in it - as evidenced by our separate submission - but
we support the submission as representative of the industry position.

Who are these mythical registrars who have 'disassociated themselves'.
Personally, I think that that is rubbish - they don't exist. Everyone should
exercise similar scepticism about the existence of these 'rebels' until the
claim is backed by names and evidence, rather than hearsay. Where does this
rumour come from? Chris Disspain/AUDA appears to be the earliest source I
can identify. You can make your own mind up on the veracity of that
'evidence'.

That auDA should attempt to avoid addressing the real concerns of the
industry that pays their 'all expenses paid' jaunts around the world with
this sort of unsubstantiated politicking is quite frankly both disgusting
and in keeping.

That auDA received overwhelming support from a bunch of people that have
received grants from the auDA Foundation is hardly what I would be patting
my back about. What percentage of submissions from the industry - a key
constituency regarldess of how much you wish it not to be so - where
overwhel;mingly positive about auDA?

auDA come clean. Address the real concerns that have been expressed.  They
are relevant and vital to achieving your objectives.  Stop playing needless
political games. Stop treating the industry with disdain.

Regards,

Larry Bloch
CEO
NetRegistry