[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: David Goldstein <goldstein_david§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:43:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Ron,

Given .at's example, with only 3.04% of domain names registered at co.at, 96.23% at .at and .73% at org.at, I'd suggest very few companies bother with protecting their brand by registering at both levels. Of the 3.04% registering at co.at, there is an even smaller number who have the .at name as well.

I would suggest to, that under the current rules, it might be pretty hard for most people to register a domain such as cocacola.plumbing.au. What be the close and substantial connection, if this rule was to apply?

David