[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: David Goldstein <goldstein_david§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 00:45:44 -0700 (PDT)
Sean,

With the attitude of ?Dont fix it if it aint broken? we'd still be driving Model T Fords, the computer would never have been invented and people would never have set foot on the moon. You can then argue of course, as to the merits of the benefits or otherwise of each of these.

Evidence around the world shows registrants like to be able to register at the second level. But as has been shown in some of the submissions to the Names Policy Panel and the discussion here, there is also a cost.

As per the timeline for the panel, there is a second round of public consultation in September.

David