[DNS] Restricting demand membership of auDA

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:12:27 +0000
Quoting Josh Rowe on Thursday July 19, 2007:

| from: Annexure to EGM Notice - Explanatory Memorandum
| http://www.auda.org.au/document.php?documentid=927
|
| Employees who hold less than 5% of the total number of votes attached to the shares in the .au domain name Supply entity (.au Registry/.au Registrar/.au Reseller) are permitted to be a Demand Class Director.

I did read that document, and I don't think it actually says that. To
quote:

---
"Supply Related Person" means a person that:

 a. qualifies for Supply Class membership; or

 b. is an employee or officer or related entity (as those terms are
    defined in the Corporations Law) of:

       i. a Registry Operator;
      ii. an auDA accredited Registrar; or
     iii. a reseller appointed by an auDA accredited Registrar in the
          .au name space,

 provided that a person who holds less than 5% of the total number
 of votes attached to the shares in a listed Registry Operator, auDA
 accredited Registrar or reseller appointed by an auDA accredited
 Registrar in the .au name space, will not be taken to be a Supply
 Related Person by reason only of such holding.
---

I take that to mean if you can not be considered a supply related person
purely for having a <5% voting stake in the company; not to mean that
this only applies to an employee or officer or related entity if they
have a 5% voting stake in the company.

Can you clarify?

kim