[DNS] Restricting demand membership of auDA

From: Bennett Oprysa <bennett§enetica.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:01:11 +1000
Josh,

> Employees who hold less than 5% of the total number of votes attached to the shares in the .au domain name Supply entity (.au Registry/.au Registrar/.au Reseller) are permitted to be a Demand Class Director.

my understanding is that if you are EITHER an employee OR have more than
5% of shares, you are deemed to be to be a "Supply Related Person" and
as such will not be eligible to stand as a Demand Director.

Kim's point is therefore correct, pretty much anyone that has any
connection in any way to a Registrar, Reseller or Registry will be
affected. Based on the current membership list, and the very loose
definition of a reseller, this could disqualify as much as 50% of the
current demand members from standing as a Demand Director.

Bennett.