[DNS] Telstra DNS redirection

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire§progsoc.uts.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:32:40 +0000
Hi Brett,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Brett Fenton
<brett.fenton&#167;netregistry.com.au> wrote:

> Rather than give me a list of hypothetical potential issues, this type of
> service has been launched in other markets, Telstra unsuprisingly aren't the
> first. Are there any real world incidents that are documented that show this
> as being a problem.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/317356/telstra_internet_outage_points_dns_failure

How about when they deployed it?

If they screwed up deployment so badly, why would upgrades be any different?

It is fairly late / early morning where I am (depending on your point
of view), but I'll respond to the

> I googled for 30 minutes and couldn't come up with anything.

I googled for 3 minutes but I was not able to determine whom the
technology provider in this case is -- if you were, then I am sure I
can follow the deployed locations to find other instances of problems
occurring in the real world.

Anand