[DNS] 2010 auDA Election

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:21:54 -0700
Hi all,

I wrote:
| |     1. The  _reduction  of  domain name prices_ ??? by reducing auDA???s fee to
| |        Registrars;
|
| What impact would this have on auDA's programmes, budget or expenditure? Are there
| specific services auDA performs that should be reduced to accommodate this?

I have received a number of responses to this email, all off list - not from the
candidate but from other members. It is a shame there is no open discussion about
these kind of issues, because I think it is useful to discuss the future of .au
and how it can improve. That is why this list was created.

However, one person took exception and thinks that I shared privileged
conversations that should be kept private. Their view is that candidates
should not have to answer questions from members, and that the material
they spam to members to ask them to elect them are confidential
communications.

What kind of accountability is this? I am dumbfounded.

kim