Re: DNS: Domain Names - the problems with the present australian authority

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 00:24:20 +1100 (EST)
You, David Keegel, shaped the electrons to say:
+
+Perhaps I should just clarify.  What I meant is that kre would be the one
+to officially approve a "Domain Name Authority", as far as The Internet
+is concerned.  In the sense that the Govenor General officially approves
+laws for the Commonwealth of Australia.  Although kre might take a more
+active role in the decision-making process than is conventional for a G-G.

Robert Elz is an Australian Citizen, and is bound by all Australian laws.

The ABA or whoever (i cant be bothered looking it up at the moment) who made
the decision has the legal power to do it..... Robert Elz doesnt enter into
the equation, and they can FORCE him to give the 'authority' control of .AU

Now, at the meeting when we decided on the structure of this (for the lack
of a better or official name) Domain Name Authority, that it should have an
independent Chairperson.... my suggestion for this position is Robert Elz...
He has been running .au capably for many years and I dont see why he shouldnt
oversee the new body..... now arises the other aspect of whether he is
interested or not is another thing ;) I hope you are rob!

| Skeeve Stevens - MyInternet    personal.url: http://www.skeeve.net/ |
| email://skeeve&#167;skeeve.net/     work.url: http://www.myinternet.net/ |
| phone://612.9869.3334/         mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |
| Join the Internet Society of Australia - http://www.isoc-au.org.au/ |