DNS: Re: DNS

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:47:33 +1000
Perhaps I will state it once more - clearly - to avoid any confusion here
regarding my previous comments on the matter:

- I do not intend to commit any of the domains where I am currently the DNA
  (edu.au, gov.au, info.au) into this proposed ADNA structure at this point in
  time.

- I do not intend to commit the AUNIC Registry and associated functions
  into this proposed ADNA structure at this point in time.

- I have no current intentions to make any changes to the current procedures
  used for administering edu.au and gov.au. These domains are currently
  operating effectively in servicing their intended client base and I have
  heard no view from the serviced client base that any change is appropriate
  or necessary.

- If at any stage there is a contemplated change to the DNA functions I'm
  responsible for, I undertake to consult with the relevant key stakeholders from
  the relevant sector before making any such change, and be guided by their advice.

The current operational structures for these domains is documented on the
AUNIC web page - http://www.aunic.net

   Thanks,

      Geoff

--
Geoff Huston                   gih&#167;telstra.net
Network Technical Manager      +61 6 208 1908