Re: DNS: Let's get some cooperation

From: Michael Malone <mmalone§creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 07:03:01 +0800
> >There is no room for any body, and I include
> >both ADNA and ISOC-AU, to claim any god given right to simply
> >walk in and take over.
>
> Indeed not. However ISOC-AU is claiming no such right. On the contrary, it
> is  saying "listen, involve, include, consult".
>
> Sadly all ADNA seems to be saying is "shut up, you are in the way".

From where I'm standing, ISOC is saying "obstruct, constrain, detract,
dictate".  There is a difference between "listen to the Internet community"
and "listen to ISOC".  There is also a huge difference between "ADNA
has no support" and "ADNA does not have ISOC's support".

ADNA has been the result of a very long process of public
consultation.  I put forward a summary of months of discussions
on this list on March 9, 1997.  At any time, ISOC should have
come forward and said "actually, that's not the optimal way
for this to be organised".  Many other people got involved in
the discussion.

More important, even at this point, ADNA seems happy to modify
its own constitution to remain inclusive and to meet any concerns
of the wider Internet community.

I sent out some suggestions to this list, and to isoc, a fortnight
ago.  Other than "this is great to see", I haven't seen a response
from isoc.

MM