DNS: Competition consensus

From: Leni Mayo <leni§ais.com.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 11:58:11 +1000
We've recently had positive noises from ISOC-AU about competition.  We
must take M-IT at their word saying that they want competition and
demonstrated by their membership and board position within ADNA.

I just thought I'd pull together a few bits and pieces from this list
recently that I've found quite heartening and that oughtn't get lost in
the politics.

Leni.

Michael Malone wrote:
> My understanding is that Melbourne IT's position is no different
> than that of Michael Malone, Hugh Irvine or Geoff Huston.  M-IT
> is the delegated authority for COM.AU.  It is non exclusive, ...

An earlier statement from connect.com seems to confirm your
understanding.

Craig Bishop wrote:
> Connect currently operates net.au for Hugh Irvine, in the same way that
> Melbourne IT run com.au for kre.
> Connect will remain the sole 2LD of net.au until such time as we are
> directed by Hugh to change that situation.

And Hugh's opinion?