Re: DNS: question re M-IT: domain delegate?

From: Luke Carruthers <luke§magna.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 12:13:08 +1000 (EST)
> Having a goal of one day managing AU is fine I think, but thats different from
> having your articles of incorporation state you have
> already acheived that goal.

I'm not sure where this perception came from - it does not state anything
like this in ADNA's articles, or anywhere else for that matter.  In ADNA's
objectives (part of the memorandum) it is stated that an _objective_ is
"to administer and oversee the .au domain".

> >This is what is really holding things up !
> >ADNA has said it will start there but ISOC-AU seems to refuse to beleive
> >it should be allowed to go any further - ever. I have seen no official
> >release to say any different.
>
> 	No. I think the problem is that ADNA SAYS it will start there but
> its press release and articles of incorporation still say it controls .AU

ADNA's press releases say it will focus its efforts on com.au initially!
Neither they nor the articles make claims of control for any namespace,
let alone .au.  This has always been the case, and has not recently changed.

Luke Carruthers
Chair
ADNA