DNS: Domain Registration in Australia

From: Jim Hawthorn <jimh§webfactory.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:47:48 -0000
Could you please clarify the following situation. We would like to register a domain name in Australia for a UK business. We have been told that in order to register in Australia we need to provide an ACN number i.e. to formally register the company in Australia. Here in the UK we can register
private individuals, sole traders and partnerships, surely the same applies in Australia? If you can provide me with a definitive answer I would be most grateful.

Jim Hawthorn
Webfactory Sales