Re: DNS: Suggested ADNA Board Members

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 17:12:29 +1000
>> Currently ADNA is ISP heavy, it has NO community input and no way
>> for the USERS to voice their comments and opinions.
>
> [....]
>
>> Currently only ISP's or Commercial DNS interests are represented
>> and no one represents the common user.
>
> maybe im wrong but I thought that ISOC-AU was trying to represent
> the common user at ADNA.

First Questions.  Does the ISOC representative to ADNA have Directorship or
shareholding in an ISP?

If so, then the person is clealry not unbiased.  There will always be in
the back of that persons mind "What's in it for me."

I'm happy for people to prove otherwise, but certainly Stephen Baxters
"immediate resignation" following James Austins question is a clear
indication the Fire got too hot.

I don't belive ISOC represents the USERS at all, I for one and mot a
member, nor anyone person or user I know.

Certainly the credible list of people of people I submitted have no
affiliation or membership with ISOC, yet all are Internet Users with email
addresses.

So how can ISOC afirm it represents the user?

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"